Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Holy Wednesday Batman!

Isaiah's second day of school.  As it turns out, no matter how much time you have in the morning to make breakfast and lunch it's never enough.  And, in an effort to avoid peanut butter, I made a turkey sandwich.  Oddly, that needs to be refrigerated.  Not something I planned for.  Thankfully, being the Pastor gets you some special treatment, like space in the Teacher's fridge for a half sandwich.

The day went rather well.  Isaiah did great at school, stayed for lunch and a nap while I worked a full day.  I had to work rather hard to stay awake after lunch... but the heat and a very hard concrete picnic table helped.  Did some visits, made some stray-sheep calls, worked on my Psalm study and left on time.

Then, as it was still SUPER-Hot, Chinese Chicken for dinner... though Isaiah didn't want to eat.  Upon returning to the car, I noticed a nice shiney piece of mettal on the back tire.  That can't be good.  The tire looks fine, bit I imagine it's just because it's sealed up nicely with a nail. 

Then, I decdied that a Sunday at McDonalds was in order.  Isaiah didn't want one.  That's not a good sign.  While headed home I called the Honda Dealer, tires are $180 EACH; $75 to patch it.  Called the Firestone place on base, $20.  We'll be there at 7am...

Isaiah then had a meltdown, a fever and refused to take a shower to cool down or take his Motrin.  Took me an hour to get it in him and now he's finally asleep.  It's hard to tell if he's sick or overheated...

Needless to say, I have a feeling that I'll be missing my first day of bible study.  I've already started praying though, so that's good.  (And there are no pictures on this post because I got the memory card stuck in the computer.)

No comments: