It's a little after noon, my chicken pot pie is in the microwave, Isaiah is rocking to sleep in his swing, I'm sipping a warmish cup of coffee, and there's a really bad horror show on TV. This is our moment.
Isaiah had a couple of fussy days last week but this week's been a little better. Last night, when Dan got home from work, Isaiah was being a little fussy. Dan was holding him and we had already tried everything: he didn't want to swing or play or sleep or walk or eat or... you get the picture. As Isaiah cried on his lap Dan looked at me and said... "So, is this what some days are like?" It didn't last long and we had a pleasant evening. Isaiah was asleep by 8:30 and slept until 5am. A nice day.
I finally called the Synod office today and introduced myself to the right person. We'll see what happens with that. I'm off to eat while Isaiah sleeps, then to the store. Our very exciting life.
1 comment:
We've had quite a few fusses/tears at our house lately. We even had a meltdown, throw-myself-on-the-floor temper tantrum at Toys R Us the other day. Yes, I'm talking about Hope, not me. hehehe She got really ticked off when we told her she couldn't open the chess set at Toys R Us, thus, a tantrum ensued. YIKES!!! Over a CHESS SET??? What kind of 2 year old is she?? hehehe Anyway...I'm curious about the Synod office. Does this mean that you eventually want to get back into the pulpit?? The pulpit misses you, for sure.
Post a Comment