Thursday, March 22, 2007

Just in case you're wondering... I've started lying to people.

Tomorrow is day one of week 14! We are doing really well.

We've also started to collect stuff... One of the members of the congregation had a baby about a year ago and dropped off all of her maternity clothes. Holy Cats! It's fun because she has really good taste... and she brought a bag of baby stuff and diapers that don't fit her baby any more... and she's ready to bring more.

Is is wrong to want to buy your own stuff? Is it wrong to want to steal stuff from family rather than from people we're totally ready to move away from? I've learned recently that people really don't like to be told no-thankyou. I think my new plan is to be nebulous and to say, "Thanks... but we're all set."

And now, to be totally bipolar, it has been really fun to look at all the cute little onesies. They are so small and cute. The occupant won't fit into them just yet... in about 6 months.

3 comments:

wendyspies said...

take all the stuff, if you don't need it bring it to goodwill. the parents don't need it anymore (want it out of their house) but they want to know it is going to a good cause because they spent a lot of money on it only to realize that the baby only used it like 5 times. (whatever it is)

Melody said...

And you know I have lots of stuff!! If you want it, just let me know. If you don't want it, just say no and I'll still love you dearly! By the way...we have a baby bathtub if you want it. It's in the garage sale pile, but it's yours if you'd like.

Melody said...

And PS...It's so NOT wrong to want your own (new) stuff!! ESPECIALLY with the first one. I still go through that with Hope: I'll go to garage sales, but I also want her to have new stuff. I don't think that's wrong: especially because I won't have to spend more money on any more children (other than gifts for Baby Spies).