Friday, March 9, 2007

You wouldn't think coleslaw would be so tasty...

Today is Day 1 of Week 12. Thankfully last week went faster than the week before. I'm now officially 34, pregnant, and quite happy.

I am feeling really good. I still like napping, but that's not a bad thing. The only other thing that's a little odd is the smell of chicken, toast, and most veggies are not very appetizing. Dan's always encouraging me to eat something green... and tonight he got his wish. He made the chicken on the Foremen Grill, corn, and COLESLAW! Dad has the simplest and most wonderful recipe and it totally did the trick! MMmmm happy veggies.

We also got some news from the Navy. Not what we wanted but not bad news either. Dan had worked since December to get his recruiter to schedule him a physical. He never did. His paperwork was turned in on the 20th without the form. It was added on the 25th. The board meet on March 7th and didn't review it because it wasn't complete on the 20th. So, his stuff will be reviewed on April 17th.

We also found out a general time table for what might happen next if he's accepted at that point. It takes about 6 weeks to get the paperwork done after they decide. This would mean he'd miss the May school (which is the first think he'd have to do) so he'll be in the September school, if everything goes well.

Some of you are already doing the math. Yes, I'm due in September. No I don't know how all of this will play out. :-) It will be nice to start getting things moving and to have Dan around over the summer while we're packing up. (And someone to do the wedding I'm currently committed to. I don't think anyone wants a pregnant girl in their wedding photos.)

We're a little bummed, but are glad to have a better idea what the plan is. We should know either way by April 19th. And that coleslaw was really good.

4 comments:

wendyspies said...

let us know what we can do to help! you can always come out here :)

dawn said...

You could start that company for re-engineering personalities. :-)

Melody said...

Oh my gosh!! I TOTALLY craved cole slaw when I was pregnant with Hope. hehehe

dawn said...

Cool... Maybe our baby will be super smart too!!