Friday, October 19, 2007

So... who takes care of the baby when the grandparents leave?

It's been a great few weeks. First Ron and Linda were with us for a little less than a week. Now my folks are wrapping up a week with us. So... when they are all finally gone, who takes care of the baby?

Isaiah is getting bigger each day. He's getting to be a more diligent eater. His amazing gas pain doesn't happen every day, so we have a number of good days with just a few sad days. (When you're little one cries because his belly hurts and there's little you can do, it makes everyone sad.) We'll start charting what I eat and how he's doing on Sunday. Perhaps we can find something I'm eating that makes his tummy sad. The doc's explanation is that his digestive system is immature and we have to wait till he gets bigger. I'm hoping there's something we can do sooner.

It has been so wonderful having Isaiah meet his grandparents. Pictures will be loaded soon. And I'm feeling 100% better than a few weeks ago. I've actually been up for about 12 hours each day - almost like a normal human being. With the help of both Grandma's we've got food in the freezer, clean laundry, and I even had a chance to pay a few bills. Grandpa's have helped get a few things around the house put together. It's been wonderful. Oh... and now Isaiah is asking for his after dinner snack.

1 comment:

Melody said...

Oh yeah!! You sound so happy!! What would we do without grandparents?? I have NO idea!! What a pretty baby. I'm still hoping to get down to see you guys in November, but we'll have to wait a few weeks to see.

I love all three of you!
Mel