Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Some sense of control...

The last few days have been much better with our little pumpkin.

I read the book "The Happiest Baby on the Block" and followed advice that I've gotten from T, Wendy, Melody, Aunt Mary Lou and both Grandmas and finally I feel like I can actually do something when Isaiah cries!! Even better... because we can do something to calm him down most of the time, he's taken all of his naps today!! Happy Mommy, happy Baby! Oh... and many thanks to Grandma Linda for the bear that makes noise. For the last 2 days, when he wakes up at 6am (an hour before he eats) I just turn that on and he goes back to sleep.
He's been swaddled, pacified, rocked and loved and he's sleeping much better. And we had another night without a major freak-out. I know there are times when he will cry and we can't do anything about it, but it gives me some confidence to know that when he cries most of the time, we can do something to help.

Also, he's getting used to his little chair with its vibrating seat. That means I can get a few minutes hands free to eat! Now... if only we can get him to like the swing. We have a hand-me-down... maybe it's not swinging fast enough. If there's no joy by the weekend... I think we'll road trip to Target and buy Za a new toy.

1 comment:

wendyspies said...

cutest little pumpkin ever!