So we're out walking... which is a small miracle all by itself. Granted, we don't go far. We got the mail, dropped off something at the front office, then walked around the complex a few times. As I'm making the last loop, some woman was getting out of her car. She informed me that babies get sick really easy and I shouldn't be out walking him in this weather (it's 70 and overcast today). I told her that he's well bundled and just fine. As she pulled her sleeping toddler out of the car she continued to inform me that cold air makes babies sick. How nice is that. I'm getting used to strangers stopping me and asking personal questions about the baby. At least they tell me how cute he is. :-) This was a little much.
Other than that, we're all doing well. Many thanks to Aunt Melody for the happy Halloween outfit. Isaiah likes it very much and is super cute in it. Our big hurdle these days is the angry gas pains. I've contemplated going on an all water diet, but I don't know if that would work. Today's been pretty good. He's eating, playing, and then goes to sleep... and after he's in his crib for about 10 minutes he cries. Just one more thing to figure out. We'll see how long this lasts. Maybe it's just a Thursday thing.
2 comments:
Oh yeah!! He likes it!! And you're right---he is SUPER cute in it!!! I'm so glad.
Let the advice go in one ear and out the other. I'm sure she doesn't know from whence you came. 70s and overcast cold??? For cryin' out loud!!! Hope made it through her first REAL winter without being sick even once---and we had her out a TON! It wasn't until June (when she was 11 months old) that she got sick. Go figure. The bottom line with the unsolicited advice from others: you're the Mom. You know your baby. You're doing an awesome job, my friend!!!
Much love to all three of you...
Mel
Hi All,
just a short note to say hi! and let you know I enjoy the blog and pictures of the new baby.. keep it coming I know it's hard to fit it in with all you do. but I don't get info from your mother.. so thank you..
As for the unsolicited advice you will get it from everyone and at the dummest times take the good and leave the bad. Hears mine!!Ha! ha! as the little one get a bad tommy alot. try a(baby) hot water bottle. there hard to find but you fill it with just enought warm water to make a small bump under the babys tommy. (lay him on it on his tommy) the warmth and the little bump put just enough presser on his tommy to make him fell better and you too. I have used it and all my neices have too .it works...try it..
Take each day as it comes and love him and enjoy him ,life flys by.. I guess God does that to keep us sane.. you see the cute and good baby, then the resless kid, then the mean teen, then they love you and fall on the floor. yes they will love and tell you... my boys tell me that all the time and that I raised them well. believe it or not.. I still don't ,I wonder what they want haaaaa!ha! ha! Love you and may God guide you every day... Aunt Mary Lou
Post a Comment