Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Happy Baby

It is so super fun to hear that little heart beat! About 160 beats per minute. I've gained 1 pound... so there were three big questions for the doc.

1. When will I begin to feel the baby move? - Any time these next 2-3 weeks. Though some women feel the baby move earlier, we're still doing good.
2. I've only gained a pound!! Most women gain about 25! - As I started out ahead and I'm eating really healthy, doc is happy with my progress so far and says I can expect to gain most of the weight the second half of the pregnancy.
3. How to travel safely. - Doc gave us our orders and we'll follow them dutifully.

We also told the staff today that we'll be leaving. That went well. People were surprised and sad. The time line is Dan will be done on May 19th. I'll be done July 31st. I'll take vacation earlier or later depending on Dan's final orders. We'll get those at some point in the future. Welcome to the Navy.

Pictures coming soon.

3 comments:

wendyspies said...

i used this as a reference - http://www.marchofdimes.com/pnhec/1808_1914.asp
. i was lucky, i more or less tracked with the chart. however, there were times of big spikes, like gaining 5 lbs in a couple of days and then nothing for a while.

Melody said...

YEAH!! Great news about the baby. And I'm so jealous that you've only gained a pound! No fair!! I gained 50+ with Hope...and I still have every pound of it(even more, I think). So good for you. With the heartbeat continuing to be in the 160 range I think you're having a girl. Just keep in mind that that's an old wives tale and I'm ALWAYS wrong about my gut reaction.
Love you!
Mel

dawn said...

I have realized that these last few days I've eatten horribly! And, with the possibility of not haveing 2 incomes through August, I think we'll be eating in more often. The good news: more veggies. The bad news: I'm not a very good cook. Poor Dan. ;-)