Monday, April 23, 2007

Things are moving a little too fast...

I often say that I'm comfortable with the "hurry up and wait" manner of things, especially in the Navy... but today has been a little much... it's the hurry up part.

We learned on Friday that Dan was accepted as a Chaplain. We left at 5 that day with 10 Middle School students for a weekend event. We returned on Sunday at 2pm. We immediately welcomed a choir from Luther College who was performing at church at 4. As soon as the choir was settled, I went to worship band rehearsal and Dan began to prep for Sunday night worship. The next time we were home was 8:30p, Sunday night.

Overall the weekend went wonderfully. As it turns out, being on your feet ALL day for 2 days and sleeping on an air mattress on the floor makes your feet hurt and you really tiered. It also makes your abdomen tiered.

Today we told our boss and the presidents of both church councils that we would be leaving. We will likely be telling both congregations on Sunday. That's the part I'm not looking forward too. Dan will be done on May 19th. I will work through July 31st.

Tomorrow at 10a we see the doc and get to hear the babies heart beat. I am very much looking forward to that as I have yet to feel the baby move. Not unusual at this point (week 18) but I am eager for the regular confirmation that all is well.

More info tomorrow.

1 comment:

Melody said...

Hey guys!
Hopefully this comment will "stick" this time. I'm so happy for you guys. I know this is an emotional rollercoaster. When I left Ezekiel it was hard and easy all at the same time. So hard because I had formed so many relationships (including the one with you two) that I would be missing. Yet easy because it was such a toxic place. Hearing the heartbeat tomorrow (today) will be such a great thing. And any day now you should feel baby Spies moving. That is so incredible!! How was David's reaction when you told him the news about you leaving?? Oh...and does that mean that Dan will be gone before the end of May? And what about you, Dawn?? Will you be heading out of town at the beginning of August?? Maybe you don't know yet. At any rate, I would love to get together with you guys soon. Food?? Coffee?? Both??
Love you!
Mel