See... he can sleep...
It's been a good weekend. For the last 3 days we've managed not to have a major scream-fest at the end of the day. We're trying some new stuff to keep him calm. He sleeps just fine at night but he will not go down for a nap and when he finally does sleep, its for about 20 minutes. I'd just chalk this up to him not needing a lot of sleep, but it's obvious as the day progresses that he does.
He's in there right now... sleeping... and we're coming up on the 20 minute mark. I feel like I'm back in college in a science class. Every nap is like a new experiment. Does he like to be rocked on his side... should I rock faster... will the nuk help - oh... no... the nuk made him cry hysterically again... no nuk. Of course, 3 minutes later, he's sucking on my finger and takes the nuk just fine. So, can I get him into the crib or bassinet without waking him up. Ok, mission accomplished. Now... why does he wake up? Does he twitch? Is it cold? Is it the Nissa? It seems like he's having a hard time making the transition between light sleep and heavy sleep.
I think I'm going to start keeping one of those little journals like we did in chemistry: conditions, time, result. Any suggestions are appreciated.
1 comment:
ike sez "put me in the swing!" :-) (unca T)
Post a Comment